Join Burlesque Hall of Famer Ginger Valentine and wanna-be burlesque dancer Laura Westmoreland for a 4 week, weight-inclusive burlesque/movement workshop. All bodies, all genders, all abilities are welcomed.
Ginger is an award winning strip tease artist, instructor and, choreographer. Laura is a Marriage and Family Therapist who lives in a larger body and loves to dance. Through their work together, Laura has deepened her connection to her body and gained insights about how she holds her body as she moves through the world. Ginger and Laura created this workshop for people who want to reconnect with their bodies.
The workshop is designed for a gentle exploration of how you feel in your body. Each session will begin with a brief, guided meditation. That will be followed by a warm-up, dancing, and a cool-down. The session will end with setting your movement intention.
The workshop will be held in a private studio (door closed, blinds drawn).
As a participant you will receive:
- A journal - movement can sometimes stir up feelings and emotions; written exploration is often beneficial
- A 10% discount for an upcoming Intuitive Eating Workshop with Laura
- A 10% discount for 1 private lesson with Ginger
- A lot of encouragement, support, and laughter.
What you need to bring:
- Dress for your comfort level - yoga pants, t-shirt, and sneakers, or leotard, fishnets, and heels....or a combination of those outfits...do what works for you.
- A yoga mat, blanket, or towel - anything you may need to feel supported when sitting or lying on the floor
- An open mind, a kind heart, and a good sense of humor (laughter is welcomed and encouraged)
Ginger and Laura look forward to welcoming you to the studio.
8/4 - 8/25 - Sunday 2:00 - 3:00 PM - - All Bodies Beginner Burlesque Work- NOHO
Requests for cancellation must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Cancellations made 7 days or more in advance of the first session will receive a 100% refund. Cancellations made within 3 - 6 days will incur a 50% fee. No refunds offered for cancellations made with less than 3 days notice.